Mini sparkle donuts at Starbucks: Do you like them?

This blog entry is about mini sparkle donuts. That’s it! Nothing complicated here! I like them. The vanilla one is my favorite. The frosting is wonderfully sweet and rich. I don’t even know what those sparkles are (okay, I assume sugar) but they’re wonderful little sprinkles. The donut part of the donuts is moist and yummy. And these little guys are a bargain at seventy-five cents each.  Starbucks launched the mini donuts on January 12, 2010, and I hope they stick around for a while, though I can’t count on it.  Starbucks is notorious for rapid new food launches.  One minute it’s there, the next minute it is gone.

I felt like my last two blog entries had a little intensity to them – an intriguing interview with Bryant Simon, and an intense discussion of customers making donations at the register.  When all is said and done, I felt like it was time for an easy short blog post. Here it is: I like sparkle donuts.  The photo for this blog post was taken January 16, 2010 at one of my favorite Starbucks.  I asked for for-here ware. As an aside, this store has great for-here ware.  The beverage was a whole milk chai latte. I don’t admit it often, but yes I drink a number of non-coffee beverages.

Hope that you enjoy sparkle donuts too! Has anyone here tried them?

1. Christy
    Jan 27, 2010 @ 17:07:14

I’ve never tried sparkle donuts, but I’d be willing to try them!! I haven’t heard anything about them though at the various Starbucks in my area…

2. Paul Banbury
    Jan 27, 2010 @ 17:09:45

Mmmmm donuts! It is a bit pedestrian to dunk donuts in Starbuck’s coffee, but c’mon now, ya wanna do it don’t ya? I do. These could make me forget about Krispy Kreme!

3. hayley
    Jan 27, 2010 @ 19:36:40

My local store has them every morning, though I’ve never liked any donuts so I haven’t tried them. They are definitely the first thing the eye goes to in the case though since they are all sparkly!

4. Susan
    Feb 07, 2010 @ 10:55:43

They are YUMMY. I’ve been looking unsuccessfully for the nutritional information. I’m afraid I don’t want to know.

5. Steve
    Feb 07, 2010 @ 12:25:01

I doubt if Starbucks will tell you what’s in them but you can bet it ain’t good for us. When I was working and the girls were going out for doughnuts one of them would say “might as well tape them to your hips ’cause that is where they’ll wind up eventually”.

6. CD

Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 0 %
    Iron 4 %
    Caffeine (mg) 0

7. Steve
    Feb 07, 2010 @ 19:06:36

That does’t sound so bad. Not as bad as I thought.

8. Steve
    Feb 20, 2010 @ 06:59:28

I finally tried the chocolate one and, to tell you the truth, I wasn’t too overly enthused and preferred the blueberry muffin better. Think the blueberry muffin was healthier too.

9. Steve
    Feb 21, 2010 @ 07:41:04

I finally tried a chocolate one and, to tell you the truth, I wasn’t too impressed and enjoyed their blue berry muffin better. Same price a healthier too.

10. Steve
    Feb 21, 2010 @ 07:43:13

Oops I’m repeating myself. Guess it’s a sign of old age!

11. Sheila
    Feb 22, 2010 @ 16:35:00

I love the vanilla donuts! They are great. Being on Weight Watchers, I can enjoy a little sweet something for only 3 points.

12. Steve
    Feb 22, 2010 @ 16:55:15

I might try the vanilla one and see if I like them better than the blue berry muffin but I don’t think I will. At least I doubt if it will be healthier.

13. Starbucks fan
    Jun 14, 2010 @ 14:32:57

I tried the “birthday cake” flavor donut. It was a bit larger than a conventional “mini-donut”. It was simply a plain cake donut with pink frosting and white spinkles, but to tell you the truth, it was delicious. I will be getting them again, and this time I’ll get the bag of three! I haven’t tried the chocolate ones yet.

14. Starbucks fan
    Jun 14, 2010 @ 14:34:27

Oh, and in my area, one mini-donut is 85 cents, not 75 cents as mentioned in your article above.

Jun 14, 2010 @ 15:47:52

Hi there Starbucks fan! Welcome to my little blog! The sad thing about this blog entry is that it is already out of date. The mini birthday donuts are a completely different product than the sparkle donut featured in this blog entry. I really liked the sparkle donut better than the mini-birthday donuts. I haven’t tried the chocolate mini ones yet. So the seventy-five cent price mentioned was my local area price for a different donut. Hope you’ll stick around and poke around at the other blog entries. Thanks! Melody

16. diana
    Jun 23, 2010 @ 15:27:03

where o where is the cinnamon donut the one that starbucks uswe to have aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaI have written the company and talked with baristas and they have asked the company and no reply If you did’t get there by o830 you didn’t get any please bring them back

17. Shia Sparks
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 09:20:46

I SO WANT TO TRY THEM! But i really dont want to pay 75 cents a piece or 2.25 for three, while i can buy a blueberry scone or sonmething for the same price or even less! But they are super cute, so i think that i may change my mind and give in for 1! JUST ONE! :D

Jul 13, 2011 @ 09:31:02

@Shia – Welcome to the blog. If you like this site, please click “like” on the blog’s facebook page (widget in right hand column).
    I should lock the comments on this thread. This is now a very dated article. Food offerings at Starbucks come and go, and sometimes it quickly comes and goes. These “sparkle donuts” have not been available for about a year now. I do not know if they were considered a seasonal food offering, or just didn’t sell well, but they are gone now.

If you go into Starbucks now, you’ll find a number of fun “petite treats” – If you are looking for something small and sweet. I particularly like the petite carrot cake cupcake, the petite caramel salted square, and the rocky road cake pop.

Thanks for stopping by!